Clinical Medical Transcriptionist, Documentation Specialist, Medical Language Specialist, Medical Scribe, Medical Transcriber, Medical Transcriptionist, Pathology Transcriptionist, Radiology Transcriptionist, Scribe, Transcriptionist
Transcribers listen to live proceedings or audio and video recordings to create written versions of them. They work freelance or full-time in many industries, but those employed in the legal or medical field will require specialized knowledge. Transcribers use various software and also complete administrative tasks.
- Strong listening skills.
- Fast and accurate typing skills.
- Language skills.
- Familiarity with MS Word or similar applications.
- Editing, grammar check, and proofreading skills.
- Multitasking skills.
- Efficient task completion skills.
- Time management skills.
- Data base user interface and query software — Database software Hot technology; dBASE Plus; FileMaker Pro; Microsoft Access Hot technology
- Medical software — Healthcare common procedure coding system HCPCS Hot technology; PCC EHR; Prognosis Innovation Healthcare ChartAccess; SpectraMedi EasyFlow
- Video creation and editing software — YouTube Hot technology
- Voice recognition software — Crescendo Systems DigiScribe-XL; g-net solutions MTP; Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking; Speech recognition software
- Word processing software — Boston Bar Systems Corporation Sonnet; Bytescribe Development Company WavPlayer; Microsoft Word Hot technology; Sylvan Software ShortCut