Aquaculture Director, Farm Manager, Farm Operations Technical Director, Fish Hatchery Manager, Greenhouse Manager, Harvesting Manager, Hatchery Manager, Hatchery Supervisor, Nursery Manager, Ranch Manager
Plan, direct, or coordinate the management or operation of farms, ranches, greenhouses, aquacultural operations, nurseries, timber tracts, or other agricultural establishments. May hire, train, and supervise farm workers or contract for services to carry out the day-to-day activities of the managed operation. May engage in or supervise planting, cultivating, harvesting, and financial and marketing activities.
- Collect and record growth, production, and environmental data.
- Manage nurseries that grow horticultural plants for sale to trade or retail customers, for display or exhibition, or for research.
- Direct and monitor trapping and spawning of fish, egg incubation, and fry rearing, applying knowledge of management and fish culturing techniques.
- Direct and monitor the transfer of mature fish to lakes, ponds, streams, or commercial tanks.
- Determine how to allocate resources and to respond to unanticipated problems, such as insect infestation, drought, and fire.
- Accounting software — AgData Blue Skies Accounting; Datatech The Farmer's Office; Specialized Data Systems Ultra Farm; Vertical Solutions Easy-Farm Accounting
- Data base user interface and query software — Ag Leader Technology SMS Advanced; Cattlesoft CattleMax; Microsoft Access Hot technology; Trimble Farm Works
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software Hot technology — Innovative Software Solutions Picas; International Response Technologies CowChip - Ranch House; Midwest MicroSystems Cow Sense; SAP business and customer relations management software
- Map creation software — Geographic resources analysis support system GRASS; Global Mapper Software Global Mapper; MapInfo; Trimble AgGPS EZ-Map
- Presentation software — Microsoft PowerPoint Hot technology