Brake Press Operator, Computer Numerical Control Lathe Operator (CNC Lathe Operator), Computer Numerical Control Machine Operator (CNC Machine Operator), Computer Numerical Control Machinist (CNC Machinist), Computer Numerical Control Mill Operator (CNC Mill Operator), Computer Numerical Control Operator (CNC Operator), Computer Numerical Control Set-Up and Operator (CNC Set-Up and Operator), Machine Operator, Machine Set-Up Operator, Machinist
Operate computer-controlled tools, machines, or robots to machine or process parts, tools, or other work pieces made of metal, plastic, wood, stone, or other materials. May also set up and maintain equipment.
- Measure dimensions of finished workpieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
- Mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments, fixtures, and workpieces on machines, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Stop machines to remove finished workpieces or to change tooling, setup, or workpiece placement, according to required machining sequences.
- Transfer commands from servers to computer numerical control (CNC) modules, using computer network links.
- Check to ensure that workpieces are properly lubricated and cooled during machine operation.
- Computer aided design CAD software Hot technology — Autodesk AutoCAD Hot technology; Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Hot technology; KCD cabinet design software; UGS Solid Edge
- Computer-aided manufacturing CAM software — 1CadCam Unigraphics; CNC Mastercam; SigmaTEK SigmaNEST; Vero International VISI-Series
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software Hot technology — ERP software; SAP business and customer relations management software
- Industrial control software — EditCNC; Supervisory control and data acquisition SCADA software Hot technology; Work inspection software
- Video conferencing software — FaceTime